Monday, November 21, 2011

My Most Favorite Ex

(Originally posted to my MySpace page on April 28, 2007.)

During a recent bout with temporary insanity I came up with the 'great' idea of contacting him again after more than four months. For the record, I was not interested in getting back together with him. I simply wanted to know how he was doing. How's your daughter? How's life at the station? Are you connected; if so, does she treat you right? (India fans will surely recognize that last line.)

One message via this here great site rapidly led to a few more which led to a few exchanged phone calls. We even took it one step further by deciding to get together to take our girls to the park. Talking to and seeing him again honestly felt good.

After dating man after man for the past 11 years, I must say that he just narrowly beats out someone else (now that's a whole 'nother blog!) for the title of 'My Most Favorite Ex'.

Our relationship didn't work out, obviously. But that doesn't mean that I have to think about our situation in a negative way. He's 'My Most Favorite Ex' simply because I love who he his; who he is doesn't change now that we're not together. Well that may not be true. He may be an even better person now; especially if he learned a lesson or two from our relationship and ones since then and made changes accordingly.

While I think he is wonderful in just about every way, I know that someday very soon I'm going to finally meet the man of my dreams. Only then will I truly realize that what I now think is 'wonderful' actually was nothing much at all. But until that day comes, I will treasure my memories of him and keep on wishing him nothing but the best.

No comments: